Weaam's Baba Ghanouj
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 49
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Prick the skin of the eggplant in several places and place on the baking sheet.
- Roast eggplant in the preheated oven until tender and skin is blistered and blackened, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool until easier to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Cut the eggplant in half, scoop out the pulp and cut into pieces. Discard any seeds.
- Mash garlic and salt into a paste using a mortar and pestle. Add eggplant pieces and mash until smooth. Stir in tahini, pomegranate molasses, yogurt, and walnuts, mixing well to combine. Transfer to a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also cook the eggplant on a grill or directly over the flame of a gas stove if you prefer.
- I use a mortar and pestle because it gives a nice texture. You can use a food processor instead.
Per Serving: 49 calories; 3.2 4.6 1.7 < 1 22 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I have never made baba ghanouj with pomegranate molasses so I wanted to try this recipe. It is wonderful. I normally use lemon juice and a slightly different recipe but I really like this vers...