Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 393
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 11x13-inch baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 11x13-inch rectangular baking dish.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. Discard 1/4 of the egg mixture. Combine remaining egg mixture, butter, and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture slowly. Beat briefly on low speed just until dough comes together.
- Transfer dough to the baking dish. Dust your hands with flour and pat dough into an even layer about 3/4-inch thick. Prick dough in several places with a fork and sprinkle the nigella seeds evenly on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen it from the pan; cut roht into squares while still warm. Let cool.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nigella seeds are small, black seeds that have a nutty, mild onion flavor. Also known as "Kalonji," they are used as a spice in Asian cooking.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of egg. The actual amount of egg consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 19.8 49.1 5.4 86 87 Full nutrition