Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 258 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (5 to 6 quarts)
- Melt butter in large stockpot over medium-low heat; add tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, and green onions. Cook and stir frequently until tomatoes have nearly liquefied, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir kidney beans, baby corn, and celery into the tomato mixture; add chili powder and lime juice and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cover and cook on low, stirring occasionally, until celery is soft but still has texture, about 1 hour.
- Stir crab meat and canned tomatoes with liquid into kidney bean mixture, breaking up tomatoes in thirds with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper; add brown sugar if chili tastes too salty.
- Stir shrimp, scallops, and hearts of palm into chili; cook until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I find that chili, like many good soups and stews relies heavily on personal preference regarding spice, seasoning, textures, and abundance of ingredients; customize however you think is best!
- I like chili with only a small amount of beans, hence the 1 to 2 cans notation.
- You can save effort on seasoning by adding a chili seasoning packet. For this I actually have found that substituting a fajita seasoning packet works wonderfully.
- Halve the scallops and shrimp if desired for more even distribution.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 8 g fat; 19 g carbohydrates; 28.5 g protein; 137 mg cholesterol; 817 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1