1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 2 m servings 237
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 pretzels)
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water in a small bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes. Whisk in light corn syrup, egg, and vegetable oil.
- Whisk white rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, salt, xanthan gum, and baking powder together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle or dough hook attachment. Pour yeast mixture into the bowl; mix on medium speed until well-combined, 3 to 4 minutes. Add up to 2 tablespoons water if the dough is dry or crumbly.
- Turn dough out onto a work surface lightly dusted with rice flour and knead gently until smooth, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large, greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until almost doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Push down gently on the dough to deflate, and separate into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope about 15 inches long and shape into a "U." Twist the two ends of the dough and press them firmly into the top of the loop to form a pretzel shape.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Generously grease 2 baking sheets.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Add the baking soda and white sugar carefully; water will foam vigorously. Gently place one pretzel into the water bath; remove with a large slotted spoon when it floats to the top of the water and transfer to a dry baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Transfer boiled pretzels to greased baking sheets, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pretzels are golden brown, rotating the baking sheets halfway through baking, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooking rack.
- Cook's Note:
- If you cannot find pretzel salt, use coarse kosher salt.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of baking soda. The actual amount of baking soda consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 5.3 43.9 3.3 21 3399 Full nutrition