Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 29 m servings 569
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Finely grate zest from 2 clementines and set aside. Juice all 4 clementines into a measuring cup; add enough water to reach 1 cup.
- Pour clementine juice into a large bowl. Add zest, cake mix, eggs, oil, orange extract, vanilla extract, salt, and red food coloring. Blend with an electric mixer until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide batter into greased cake pans and smooth the top.
- Bake cakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 24 to 29 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes more.
- Transfer cakes to a flat surface. Carefully trim the tops of the cakes with a sharp knife to level them; cut each layer in half horizontally. Transfer one cake layer to a serving plate and spread with 1/2 cup of the frosting; top with another cake layer and 1/2 cup of frosting. Scatter chopped clementine over the frosting. Stack and frost third and fourth cake layers. Arrange clementine wedges around the perimeter of the top layer.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The quantities of eggs, oil, and water for this cake mix are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 569 calories; 27.8 80.1 4.3 47 405 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1