Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 508 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (3 quarts)
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy. Add 1 cup sugar gradually, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks.
- Beat egg yolks and remaining 1 cup sugar in a separate bowl until frothy and lightened in color.
- Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture gently; pour into a large punch bowl or pitcher. Stir in rum, half-and-half, and milk.
- Top eggnog with nutmeg; serve with ice.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute heavy whipping cream for the half-and-half, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 508 calories; 15.2 g fat; 41 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 200 mg cholesterol; 129 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1