Top Sirloin Roast
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 400
- Make small slits in the roast using a sharp knife; tuck slivered garlic into each slit. Rub minced garlic, paprika, salt, and ground black pepper over the entire roast. Set aside until roast comes to room temperature, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, and onions in an even layer in a 9x12-inch roasting pan. Dissolve beef bouillon cubes in hot water in a small bowl and pour over vegetables. Pour in beef broth and beer.
- Place roast on top of the vegetables, making sure it is not submerged in the broth mixture. Place bay leaf pieces around the roast.
- Bake roast in the preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F (66 degrees C) for medium, 45 to 60 minutes. Transfer roast to a platter; cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees (68 degrees C), about 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Add red pepper and mushrooms to the roasting pan and return it to the oven. Bake until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Thinly slice the roast crosswise. Serve with vegetables; spoon pan juices over meat and vegetables.
- Cook's Notes:
- Leave the skin on the potatoes if desired.
- Substitute green bell pepper for the red if preferred.
- You may prefer to cook the roast separately from the vegetables.
Per Serving: 400 calories; 10.4 40.3 35.1 74 821 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Overall, this got a high rating from my family! The only thing I had trouble with is the length it took to cook. The recipe doesn't say to cover it so I didn't. Eventually, I realized that it ...
This is delicious - very flavourful and moist! Didn’t change a thing. Thank you for sharing!
Left out peppers and mushrooms - didn't have any on hand. I used Newcastle ale. Cooked till about medium rare. It was absolutely stunning
Delicious! So much flavour. Will definitely be making again!! The only changes I made was I that I mixed in all the seasoning with room temperature butter and rubbed it all over the roast. I...
I did really like this a lot. Garlic did not overwhelm. Lost a star for lack of clarity on cooking. Definitely do not rev=commend covering to cook or you will have one ugly piece of grey steamed...
First off ... I LOVE garlic. So for me ... bring on the garlic. I prepped the roast before I left for work, and gave instructions to Hubs to finish off the rest. I didn't have beer, so I used th...
Followed recipe as close as possible. Used some brown ale for the beer; did not have red peppers or mushrooms, so layered asparagus spears across veggies to roast while meat was under the foil u...