Ingredients15 m servings 82 cals
- Whip water and meringue powder on high speed in a large bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy and soft peaks form, 7 to 10 minutes. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, shortening, and vanilla extract while mixing on low speed. Increase speed back to high and beat until well-combined and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the icing is too thick, thin with water, a tablespoon at a time.
- Tint icing with food coloring if desired.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one month.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 82 calories; 0.6 g fat; 19.4 g carbohydrates; 0.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 4 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Awesome icing! I did thin mine a bit with water b/c I wanted to be able to pipe it on the cookies easily. Tastes great and easy to make...a definite keeper~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)
This is an excellent recipe. Best royal icing I’ve ever made. Has a nice shine to it and perfect consistency. I reduced the vanilla and added 1/4 tsp of almond extract. Delicious.