Christmas Tree Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Cookies
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 273 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees .
- Using a food processor, pulse all butter, confectioners' sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, and salt together until big lumps start to form. Bring dough together with your hands and form into a large ball. (If you don't have a food processor you can do this by rubbing the flour and butter together with your fingertips, add the rest of ingredients, and bring it all together with your hands).
- Wrap ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Lightly flour a work surface and rolling pin, cut chilled dough in half and place the other half back in the fridge while you roll out the first batch. Roll out dough until about 1/2 cm (1/8 inch) thick. Cut out with Christmas shapes.
- If you want to hang the cookies on the tree, make sure to poke a hole in the top with a chopstick.
- Place cookies carefully on a non-stick baking tray and bake in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the trays for 2 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, melt the chocolate baking chips and coat the cooled cookies on one side.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with the crushed Peppermint Bark and sparkles.
- Allow to set somewhere cool completely. Tie a ribbon or piece of string through each cookie and hang on your Christmas Tree.
Per Serving: 273 calories; 16.7 g fat; 28.7 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 69 mg sodium. Full nutrition