Ingredients40 m servings 79
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8-inch square baking dish with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Mix water and flaxseed meal together in a small bowl to make a "flax egg"; set aside to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Place flax egg, black beans, coconut sugar, avocado, and 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a food processor and puree until well-combined. Add cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder; blend until batter is smooth, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer batter to a large bowl and fold in chocolate chips. Pour into the baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cut into 16 bars and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Cook's Note:
- If you eat eggs, omit the flaxseed meal and water, and add 1 egg and 2 egg whites in step 3 instead.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 79 calories; 3 13.1 2.3 0 34 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used chickpeas instead of Black beans, added salt, an egg, and a teaspoon of vanilla, including all other ingredients, except regular cocoa powder and semisweet choc chips (nothing vegan). Ble...
I made this exactly as posted and they do not taste good at all.