Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 15 m servings 430 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 deep 9-inch cake pan)
- Combine coconut milk, coconut cream, evaporated milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large saucepan.
- Mix milk and cornstarch together in a bowl until dissolved; stir into coconut milk mixture. Add sugar, vanilla extract, orange blossom water, salt, and lime zest to coconut milk mixture; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until simmering and mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat, pour mixture into a deep 9-inch cake pan, and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until tembleque is chilled, at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove tembleque from refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature, about 10 minutes. Dip bottom of pan in a bowl of warm water for 1 minute. Carefully separate tembleque from pan by running a thin knife around the edges. Place a serving dish on top of pan and invert tembleque onto dish; garnish with cinnamon.
- Cook's Note:
- An 8-cup Jell-O® mold ring or individual ramekins can be used in place of the cake pan, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 430 calories; 26.8 g fat; 45.7 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 162 mg sodium. Full nutrition