Creamy Pork Stew
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 760
- Season pork chunks generously with salt and pepper. Toss to distribute seasonings evenly.
- Heat vegetable oil in pot over high heat. Brown pork in batches so meat isn't crowded, about 7 minutes total time per batch. Transfer pork to a plate. Cook onions in same pot; cook and stir until they start to turn translucent and edges get brown, 3 or 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in apple cider and apple cider vinegar.
- Raise heat to high. Stir in mustard and horseradish. Transfer browned pork pieces back to pot, along with accumulated juices. Pour in cream and chicken broth to cover. Add sage, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf. Season with a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Add celery, carrots, black pepper and cayenne.
- Simmer uncovered on low until meat is tender, about 1 hour. Add green peas. Simmer another 10 minutes. Optional: for a thicker sauce, raise heat and simmer until sauce is reduced, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish individual servings with apple strips and chopped fresh chives.
- Cook's Note:
- Fresh herb note: I just tossed mine in whole but, if you don't like that texture, you can simply pick and chop herbs before adding.
Per Serving: 760 calories; 61.2 19.6 32.5 214 446 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
Even if you just use the recipe a basic guide you can't go wrong. These ingredients just work well together. The first time I made this I followed the recipe to the letter. It is very tasty. I'v...
Amazing! I've made this a couple of times now: first for just my family, and then because we loved it so much, we made it for guests when they came over. Everyone absolutely loved it. This is ...
One of the best stew recipes I’ve ever tried, incredibly forgiving and versatile. Chef: please throw up some variations you’ve had success with.For my part, I’ve tried adding fennel, potatoes (r...
loved this recipe, we live in a rural community so don't have access to fresh herbs this time of year so I used dried ones. Followed recipe up until last cooking stage and finished it in my oven...
I had pork steaks to use so I used them but otherwise I stuck to the recipe. The sauce is AMAZING. This is a wonderful dish. I served it over pasta, and while that was good, I felt like it dil...
This was a definite hit -- I'll make it again. The only change I made was to use half & half instead of the heavy cream. And I tied the sprigs of herbs together so they'd be easier to remove bef...
This was delicious and a wonderful new way to cook pork. I did the recipe as is and I wouldn't change a thing. Everyone loved it.