Banana Coconut Pudding or Pie Filling
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 335 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Mix almond milk, egg yolks, coconut sugar, cornstarch, and salt together in a large saucepan and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Cook and stir almond milk mixture until it thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir shredded coconut, butter, and vanilla extract into milk mixture. Remove saucepan from heat and allow pudding to cool to room temperature.
- Divide sliced bananas between 8 serving bowls and pour pudding over top.
- Cook's Notes:
- If after cooking this pudding does not thicken to your liking, there's an easy fix. Simply stir in about 1/2 cup chia seeds. It will thicken fast, and continue to the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
- Margarine can be substituted for butter if desired.
- Try topping pudding with nutmeg, toasted coconut, crumbled graham crackers, or a non-dairy topping.
- If desired, you can crumble graham crackers in bowls before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 18.7 g fat; 39.1 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 169 mg cholesterol; 396 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great recipe - thanks! Made it just as you outlined, even added a handful of chia seeds at the end. Tasted great!