Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 562
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 pears)
- Combine pomegranate juice, orange juice, rum, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a large pot; simmer until sugar is completely dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Peel pears, leaving stem intact. Slice 1/4 inch off the bottom for pears to stand securely.
- Place pears gently in the pot and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, basting pears every 5 to 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let stand for 30 minutes, continuing to baste occasionally. Remove pears from pot and set aside.
- Strain spices from poaching liquid and add 1/3 cup sugar. Return to a low boil and reduce until sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Ladle sauce over pears to serve.
You might also like
Per Serving: 562 calories; 0.4 128.3 1.3 0 17 Full nutrition