Mom's Nut Horns
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 50 m servings 172
Original recipe yields 24 servings (48 small cookies)
- Cut butter into flour in a bowl using 2 knives or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream and egg yolk; mix well. Shape the dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 1/8-inch thick circle on a lightly floured surface. Spread 1/4 of the walnut mixture on each circle; cut each circle into 12 wedge-shaped pieces with a pizza wheel.
- Shape each piece of dough into a crescent by rolling dough from the wide end of the wedge into the center. Transfer cookies carefully to the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Watch cookies carefully as they bake; their bottoms tend to brown faster than their tops.
- Cook's Notes:
- The cookie dough stores and freezes well.
- As you roll up each cookie, some of the walnut mixture will fall out. We scrape this up and add it to the remaining nut mixture.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 172 calories; 11.8 15.1 2.1 32 59 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1