Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 491
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 cups)
- Preheat a wok or skillet on high heat for 1 minute.
- Coat wok thoroughly with 2 tablespoons peanut oil; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir onion until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Crack eggs directly into the wok. Stir quickly to scramble until eggs begin to set but are still fluid, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir ham into the wok and cook just until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Stir butter and remaining 1 tablespoon of peanut oil into the wok; let warm for 10 seconds. Add rice and stir constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, adding more oil if rice begins to stick.
- Season fried rice with salt and pepper; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- Ensure your stir-fry is properly worked over the "hot spot" in your wok. Do this by flipping and stirring repeatedly, moving the bottom of the mixture to the top. If rice sticks to the wok, add a light amount of oil to help keep it moving.
- Its important not to add to the serving size too much because of the limited amount of "hot spot" in your wok.
- For more flavor, add a tablespoon of oyster sauce and a tablespoon of soy sauce. To clean out the fridge, substitute ham with yesterday's meat leftovers. To be more traditional, add frozen peas with the meat.
Per Serving: 491 calories; 30.5 37.4 16.7 142 700 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1