Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 234 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or grease.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl; mix in walnuts.
- Combine eggnog, melted butter, rum, egg, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until just moistened, forming a lumpy batter.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups and bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I used walnuts for this recipe, but any variety of nuts can be used. Raisins (1/2 cup) can also be used.
- Substitute water for the rum, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 10.7 g fat; 28.3 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 42 mg cholesterol; 273 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1