Ingredients25 m servings 234
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or grease.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl; mix in walnuts.
- Combine eggnog, melted butter, rum, egg, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until just moistened, forming a lumpy batter.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups and bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I used walnuts for this recipe, but any variety of nuts can be used. Raisins (1/2 cup) can also be used.
- Substitute water for the rum, if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 10.7 28.3 4.3 42 273 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Oh MY, what a good muffin for Christmas!!! The eggnog, rum and nutmeg tastes are very subtle but combine to make a delicious muffin, wowser. Wish I had some chopped pecans, could only make it ...
Not sure if I did something wrong, but very dry and tasteless... followed the recipe with no changes.
A great way to use up the eggnog at the end of the season. I just made a few minor changes: substituted one cup of the flour with whole wheat flour and added a teaspoon more of baking powder; ...