Ingredients4 h 12 m servings 293 cals
- Whip eggs, sugar, and rum in high-powered blender on High until a thick custard forms, about 4 minutes.
- Pour milk and add nutmeg to the custard; blend on Medium until well-mixed, about 2 minutes. Increase the speed to High for 1 minute.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute brown sugar for the white sugar if preferred.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe can also be used with conventional blenders, but the eggnog will not be fully cooked. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 8.5 g fat; 30.3 g carbohydrates; 11.6 g protein; 164 mg cholesterol; 137 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
11.7.15 A bit weak in flavor, but in all fairness, I did use skim milk. One thing for certain, it doesn’t get much easier than this to whip up a batch of eggnog! I think the rum is an impor...
This is great for people freaked out about using raw eggs because the vitamin does cook them - I made the recipe using whole milk and added some vanilla bean it definitely has to sit in the frid...
Delicious! I made this with 2 12 ounce cans of evaporated milk. The egg was completely cooked and it turned out thick and velvety. I added a couple of dashes of cinnamon with the nutmeg. I h...
This is delicious. Only change was I used kraken rum and1 tsp vanilla. Will not buy egg nog again
I like that the mixture does not separate like the other ones do. Probably because it is a little bit cooked or whatever. I also like how it's pretty simple to just add or change the recipe a li...
Easy to make and WAY BETTER than the store bought. This will be a repeat treat every holiday season.