Eggnog Fried Chicken
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 535 cals
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag, coat with eggnog, and refrigerate, 1 to 3 hours.
- Mix together panko, flour, garlic, chicken bouillon, baking soda, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, dried thyme, paprika, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg in a bowl for the breading mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from eggnog mixture and gently press each piece into breading mixture to coat, shaking off excess. Discard the eggnog.
- Fry chicken until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Place fried chicken on cooling racks to drain over a baking sheet.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have enough oil to cover the chicken, you can flip the chicken half way through.
- You can use the full chicken thigh, or cut it in half. I prefer to cut them in half because they are easier to fry and I just like the smaller pieces.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 535 calories; 25.6 g fat; 55.2 g carbohydrates; 25.3 g protein; 131 mg cholesterol; 691 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I too used Southern Comfort laced egg nog. I left out the cinnamon and nutmeg. Was skeptical about all the different flavors going on, plus the Southern Comfort egg nog added the unique flavor...