Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients44 m servings 307
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water in a small bowl. Pour into the middle of the flour mixture. Mix together lightly and rapidly until dough is moist and soft. Allow dough to rise slightly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pinch off a 2-inch piece of dough with well-floured fingers. Stretch it into a round 5 to 6 inches in diameter, working in more flour if needed.
- Deep-fry dough until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 307 calories; 8 51.5 6.7 0 476 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These were very good. I served then topped with pinto beans, cheese, lettuce and diced tomato. They would also be good made a little smaller and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.