Honey Corn Flake Amaranth Cookie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Naturally sweetened by honey, this delectable treat is definitely a must-have! Amaranth flour gives it a special nutty taste, but please note this is not a crunchy cookie: it'll turn out cake-like, with a soft-dough texture. It's easy to make and adds simple pleasure to life! Serve them with milk or simple enjoy them on their own!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 119
Original recipe yields 50 servings (50 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter and honey together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat one egg at a time into the butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition. Add crushed corn flakes, baking powder, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt; mix well to combine.
- Beat amaranth flour and whole wheat flour into corn flakes mixture, 1 cup at a time, on low speed, until a semi-soft dough forms. Test the dough by rolling a small piece into a ball; add more flour if it sticks to your fingers.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-size balls using your hands. Flatten slightly and press one side into sprinkles. Place cookies 1-inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is slightly golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Sprinkles are also called 'hundreds and thousands'.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 4.8 18.1 2 17 102 Full nutrition