Gingerbread Waffles with Sauteed Pears
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 258
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat; remove from burner and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a very large skillet over medium heat; add pears and cook, turning occasionally, until mostly tender, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle sugar over pears and cook until browned and tender, about 3 minutes. Cover skillet and keep warm over low heat.
- Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center. Mix melted butter, eggs, molasses, buttermilk, and milk in a separate bowl. Pour butter mixture into the well of the flour mixture and stir just until batter is moistened and slightly lumpy.
- Preheat and grease a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions; repeat with remaining batter. Serve each waffle with pears and 1 tablespoon vanilla yogurt.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Bosc pears can also be used in place of the Bartlett, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 8.7 41.3 5.5 66 351 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This review is just for the waffles. They had nice flavor, but they were a bit dry. This recipe only made I think 6 waffles. I don’t think I’ll make it again.