Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 152
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 scones)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Juice the orange into a measuring cup; add enough water to reach 8 ounces. Stir in chia seeds and molasses. Set wet mixture aside until gelled, about 10 minutes.
- Place flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cream of tartar, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until just combined, about 30 seconds. Cut chilled coconut oil into 8 pieces; add to flour mixture and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand, about 30 seconds.
- Pour wet mixture into food processor and pulse briefly until the dough starts to stick together, about 1 minute. Scrape dough into large bowl. Add pecans and knead 5 or 6 turns to distribute them in the dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface; cut into 2 equal portions. Pat or roll each portion into a 1-inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedge-shape pieces and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops of the scones are firm and edges look dry, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute mace for the nutmeg, if desired.
- You can test for doneness by carefully pressing a scone with your finger; the top should give way very slightly.
Per Serving: 152 calories; 7.4 20.3 1.8 0 189 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was a pain to make, but they tasted wonderful!!! I followed the recipe and ingredients exactly except for scaling it down to 8 servings (per the scale by the recipe ingredients). The orange...