Ingredients55 m servings 873 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Heat olive oil in the skillet. Pour in eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place pita bread on lined baking sheet. Spread pesto over pita; top with bacon, scrambled eggs, tomato, mushrooms, and spinach. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over toppings.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. Serve garnished with avocado slices.
- Cook's Note:
- Trade the bacon for sausage or chicken for a light lunch.
Per Serving: 873 calories; 62.9 g fat; 43.5 g carbohydrates; 36.8 g protein; 426 mg cholesterol; 1135 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
We really enjoyed this breakfast. I used chicken sausage instead of bacon. I also added bell peppers. I will make this again. Yummy!
I only had one change. I did not have pita so I used NAAN flatbread. We liked it so much we are planning on making this for Christmas Breakfast. I am going to try the Pita but the NAAN was good...
LOVED this!!!!! I didn't have all the veggies that it called for on hand, so I just used what I did have (which wasn't much, lol), and it turned out delicious! Really enjoyed the flavor combinat...
I always want to use exact recipe ingredients when making for the first time....but only had breakfast sausage. It was still great. Anytime I can contribute to household responsibilities is g...
Really enjoyed the breakfast pita pizza, easy to put together and loaded it with lots of veggies. We will definitely be having again.
I thought this was great. I suppose I tweaked it, but I don't think so. I don't care for crispy bacon, so didn't cook it so much. I also fried the mushrooms a bit after the onions, and I didn...
This was an excellent dish. Also substituted naan for the pita, and it turned out great. It has a wonderful mix of spices, and to provide you something different to have for breakfast. I made it...