Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 232
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion, and parsley until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until melted, about 10 seconds. Whisk melted butter, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; stir in mushroom mixture, 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese, and black beans. Pour egg mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are puffed and cheese is bubbling, about 45 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 15.5 9.8 14.2 217 745 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Skip the butter for less fat. I used frozen onion, green, red pepper mix. Use nonfat spray to coat pan. Even using lower fat cheddar cheese will produce plenty of fat. Add lid to cook to soften...
I made this to take to a breakfast meeting and it was well received. I am vegetarian and liked that it had beans instead of meat. Very tasty, got asked for the recipe. I did not add another tabl...
I also doubled this recipe and used one red pepper instead the extra green pepper. Otherwise, I made it just as it was presented. Great served with salsa.
Fantastic dish! Doubled the recipe, chopped veggies the night before so it was easy to sauté, mix and bake the next morning prior to my guests arriving. They loved it and want the recipe!!
Made this for a quick and easy dinner. Will definitely be adding it to the regular category. My 2 year old and 1 year old absolutely loved it! Only thing I did was puree the beans to a chunky co...
Was doubtful the egg would overwhelm and it'd taste like a huge omelette, but I was delightfully surprised. Used basil instead of parsley, that was the only change. Great with kale salad on th...