Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 232 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion, and parsley until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until melted, about 10 seconds. Whisk melted butter, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; stir in mushroom mixture, 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese, and black beans. Pour egg mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are puffed and cheese is bubbling, about 45 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 15.5 g fat; 9.8 g carbohydrates; 14.2 g protein; 217 mg cholesterol; 745 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Skip the butter for less fat. I used frozen onion, green, red pepper mix. Use nonfat spray to coat pan. Even using lower fat cheddar cheese will produce plenty of fat. Add lid to cook to soften...
I made this to take to a breakfast meeting and it was well received. I am vegetarian and liked that it had beans instead of meat. Very tasty, got asked for the recipe. I did not add another tabl...
Made this for a quick and easy dinner. Will definitely be adding it to the regular category. My 2 year old and 1 year old absolutely loved it! Only thing I did was puree the beans to a chunky co...
Was doubtful the egg would overwhelm and it'd taste like a huge omelette, but I was delightfully surprised. Used basil instead of parsley, that was the only change. Great with kale salad on th...