Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 532 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, butter, and Worcestershire sauce together in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula. Set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into cooled cheese mixture using a rubber spatula. Gently run spatula around the edges of the bowl, lifting the bottom up and over the center until blended.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip bread cubes into cheese and egg white mixture, coating thoroughly. Place on lined baking sheet and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use French or Italian bread for best results.
- If you are having more than 6 people over, I would make a batch to freeze and another to store in the refrigerator overnight. Make sure cheese squares are completely frozen before placing them in a resealable plastic bag. Thaw before baking.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 34 g fat; 40.4 g carbohydrates; 16.4 g protein; 98 mg cholesterol; 870 mg sodium. Full nutrition