Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 164 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 mini muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12-cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Toss bread cubes with 2 tablespoons olive oil on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake bread cubes in the preheated oven until toasted, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir sausage, garlic, and sage into onion mixture and cook, breaking up the meat until no trace of pink remains, about 5 minutes.
- Mix sausage mixture, eggs, apple, and chicken broth into bowl of toasted bread cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand until flavors absorb, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop stuffing mixture into muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer muffin tins to a rack to cool, about 5 minutes. Loosen the muffins with a sharp paring knife to lift them out.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute corn bread for the white country bread, if desired.
- Use spicy Italian sausage in place of the sweet sausage, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 164 calories; 12.1 g fat; 8.2 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 295 mg sodium. Full nutrition