Ingredients30 m servings 291
- Heat coconut oil in a stockpot or large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion, garlic, paprika, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and cumin until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add chicken broth, ham, and corn; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir pumpkin and coconut milk into broth mixture. Simmer soup, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- Southwestern corn contains red bell peppers, poblano peppers, and black beans.
- You may continue to simmer chowder on low heat for longer if you would like to develop flavors more.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 22.8 15.8 9.7 21 1377 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was a very flavorful soup. Great for a cold day. Our daughter is dairy free so it was a nice new meal option for us.
I've made this recipe 3 times already and everyone who tasted it loves it! I decided to make it with white sweet corn and diced a poblano pepper and onions which really made it spicy and delici...
we don't get southwestern corn in cans up here, but I made some using a Paula Deen salad recipe I found online and it turned out amazing! thank you for this recipe!
Needs no salt/pepper at the end. Great spicy meal. I made without corn relish, but I did add 1/4 cup green bell peppers to balance spiciness. Coconut milk also balances the spices out. Thanks fo...