Lemon Strawberry Tartlets
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 796 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In the food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add the cubed butter and pulse until crumbly.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks and water, gradually add through food chute. Pulse until mixture comes together.
- Form a disk and wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out to about 1/8 inch and form into tart pans, pressing up the sides. Prick bottom with fork, add a small piece of parchment paper and pie weights.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a saucepan, combine flour, cornstarch and sugar. Gradually add water, whisking constantly.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, cook and stir for 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks in a small bowl. Gradually add 1/2 cup of cooked mixture, whisking constantly.
- Stir the egg mixture into the cooked mixture. Stir in butter, lemon juice and peel, cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Pour into cooled tart shells and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Spoon fruit filling on top. Add whipped cream and more fruit filling, if desired. Store leftovers in fridge in airtight container.
Per Serving: 796 calories; 37.3 g fat; 109 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; 259 mg cholesterol; 184 mg sodium. Full nutrition