Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients42 m servings 645 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 9x13-inch baking dish according to directions on cake box.
- Prepare cake according to directions on box. Bake 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in middle of cake. If toothpick comes out clean, cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While cake is still warm, use the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes over the top of the cake.
- Microwave hot fudge about 30 seconds or until it is thinned out and can be stirred. You may need to microwave an additional 30 seconds. Pour the jar of hot fudge sauce on top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake. Let set until completely cooled.
- Spread cherry fruit filling evenly over top of cake.
- Prepare homemade whipped cream*: For best results, freeze bowl and whisk attachment about 5-10 minutes until really cold. Add heavy cream to cold bowl and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and increase speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over top of cake. Chop or grate chocolate bar into small pieces to sprinkle over top of cake.
- Keep refrigerated.
- *A container of Cool Whip® may be substituted for homemade whipped cream.
Per Serving: 645 calories; 35.9 g fat; 79 g carbohydrates; 5.8 g protein; 87 mg cholesterol; 482 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was a bit worried this cake would be sweet, but its not. Its so easy to make, and has a great flavor for black forest cake. It makes a lot and I bet the left overs will taste even better. ...