Ingredients7 h 30 m servings 607
- Combine beef stew meat, onion, beef broth, vinegar, and bay leaves in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Remove bay leaves from beef mixture; stir in crushed gingersnaps and brown sugar. Cook beef mixture on Low until thickened, about 15 minutes. Serve sauerbraten over egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
- Partner tip: Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 607 calories; 32.7 31.6 43.9 147 276 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
3.11.16 My husband's grandmother was from Bavaria, and his mother learned how to cook their Christmas-Day sauerbraten meal from her. I learned from my MIL, so that tradition has continued. T...
This came out really good. The only change I made was adding more ginger snap cookies to gravy than what recipe said. Will definitely make this again.