Ingredients7 h 30 m servings 607
- Combine beef stew meat, onion, beef broth, vinegar, and bay leaves in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Remove bay leaves from beef mixture; stir in crushed gingersnaps and brown sugar. Cook beef mixture on Low until thickened, about 15 minutes. Serve sauerbraten over egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cider vinegar can be used in place of red wine vinegar, if desired.
- Spaetzle can be used in place of egg noodles, if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 607 calories; 32.7 31.6 43.9 147 276 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
3.11.16 My husband's grandmother was from Bavaria, and his mother learned how to cook their Christmas-Day sauerbraten meal from her. I learned from my MIL, so that tradition has continued. T...
This came out really good. The only change I made was adding more ginger snap cookies to gravy than what recipe said. Will definitely make this again.
will make again. cooked in instant pot about 50 minutes, used one tbsp. of brown sugar, added a cup of wine. used double ginger snaps to dry up the mix,