Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 259
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 2-quart dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly butter a souffle or ceramic baking dish and sprinkle 1 tablespoon white sugar over butter, tapping excess sugar out of dish. Store buttered and sugared dish in the refrigerator.
- Place butternut squash, cut-side down, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very soft, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Allow squash to cool to room temperature.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Scrape flesh from butternut squash into a in a food processor until smooth. Add flour mixture, 1/4 cup white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg and process until smooth. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, to squash mixture while continually processing.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold into squash mixture. Pour mixture into the chilled dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and top springs back after pressing, about 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This dish isn't very sweet, so you can add more sugar up to a cup total to get a sweet souffle.
- You can sub 2 pounds well-cooked carrots pureed or mashed sweet potatoes for the squash. Use a little cardamom and orange zest instead of the cinnamon and nutmeg for a different flavor profile.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 259 calories; 13.6 32.9 4.2 100 138 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1