0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients47 m servings 472
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat cake mix, chai tea, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes more. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool cupcakes in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, 20 to 30 seconds. Add confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg and beat on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl as needed. Add eggnog and beat until fully incorporated into the frosting; beat in rum extract on medium-low speed.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag or plastic bag with a corner snipped and pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cupcakes are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 29.2 48.3 5.3 89 372 Full nutrition