Ingredients1 h servings 202
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin cups with paper or aluminum foil liners.
- Beat cake mix, water, egg whites, butter, peppermint extract, and food coloring together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and continue to beat until smooth, scraping down sides as needed, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Rotate tins halfway through the baking process to promote even baking. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting and top with crushed candies.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 6.4 34.6 1.4 3 193 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I used this recipe to make my mini cupcakes I doubled it because I was making them for my kids classes. FYI it made 115 mini cupcakes whoops. Delicious just enough peppermint.
This was a very light and delicious cupcake! I iced it with a chocolate icing and I garnished them with little peppermint candies! They were a big hit!