Sweet and Yummy Mashed Acorn Squash
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 203 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place acorn squash, cut-side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Flip squash and sprinkle cinnamon into the center and dot with butter. Continue baking until flesh can be easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes more.
- Scoop flesh into a bowl and mix in brown sugar until evenly combined.
- Cook's Note:
- If you would like something more savory, instead of cinnamon and brown sugar, other spices work well to, such as nutmeg or garlic. Whatever fits your taste!
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 11.8 g fat; 26.5 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 1252 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The acorn squash has been on my kitchen table since mid October with other small pumpkins and gourds. I decided to roast it since I have never cooked acorn squash. This recipe was easy and delic...