Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 293
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir apples, 2/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together; distribute apple mixture into a 9x9-inch baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep.
- Whisk flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Stir egg, cream and melted butter together in a cup; pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are moistened. Using the back of a spoon, spread batter over apple mixture to seal apples in completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 50 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Table cream is an 18% fat mix of cream and milk, available in Canada. For this recipe, you can also use half-and-half or whole milk.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 8.2 54.2 2.9 39 212 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
I'm totally on a diet, buuut weekends are for cheating. I really needed something sweet and this simple and delicious apple cobbler hit the spot. I made as directed with no changes and it was gr...
Will definitely make again, but would add more apples to make the proportions between apple and topping a little more equal.
I made this as directed except for the sugar. I reduced the sugar by almost half (it's just what I always do). I also used brown sugar instead of white in the granny smith apples mixture because...
Very easy and delicious! I used a casserole dish and a little less sugar and it was great. I wasn’t able to spread the batter to cover my apples but once it baked the dough fluffed up and covere...
YUM YUMYUM! I didn't have a 9 by 9 pan so used my 9 by 13 and increased my apples to fill it up (probably about 10 cups), every thing else the same except only had 2% milk and cut the sugar ba...
Tastes really good for such a simple recipe. And it's pretty forgiving - I realized after 15 min that I'd forgotten to add the sugar to the biscuit topping, so I did a heavy sprinkle of cinnamo...
Yes, I will make this cobbler again. After reading previous reviews, I increased the amount of apples to 6 cups and made a double batch of topping. It came out finger licking good! I also use...
This was a hit with my family! I put a little less sugar in and more apples.