Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 293
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir apples, 2/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together; distribute apple mixture into a 9x9-inch baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep.
- Whisk flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Stir egg, cream and melted butter together in a cup; pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are moistened. Using the back of a spoon, spread batter over apple mixture to seal apples in completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 50 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Table cream is an 18% fat mix of cream and milk, available in Canada. For this recipe, you can also use half-and-half or whole milk.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 8.2 54.2 2.9 39 212 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I'm totally on a diet, buuut weekends are for cheating. I really needed something sweet and this simple and delicious apple cobbler hit the spot. I made as directed with no changes and it was gr...
YUM YUMYUM! I didn't have a 9 by 9 pan so used my 9 by 13 and increased my apples to fill it up (probably about 10 cups), every thing else the same except only had 2% milk and cut the sugar ba...
I made this as directed except for the sugar. I reduced the sugar by almost half (it's just what I always do). I also used brown sugar instead of white in the granny smith apples mixture because...
So easy, and my kiddos loved it! perfect with homemade whipped cream.
Really yummy, and was able to put leftovers in the fridge for 2 days reheat and enjoy again!
No changes this time except about 1/3 less sugar. Half the sugar would be just fine.
Very easy and delicious! I used a casserole dish and a little less sugar and it was great. I wasn’t able to spread the batter to cover my apples but once it baked the dough fluffed up and covere...