- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Boil peas, carrots, green beans, and celery in a saucepan until tender. Drain, set veggies aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat and cook onion until translucent. Stir in 2/3 cup of flour as well as salt, pepper, celery seed and onion powder. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk until the mixture is smooth, comes to a simmer, and thickens. Remove from stove and mix in sweet potatoes.
- Stir vegetables and turkey meat into the mixture. Drape pie crust in bottom of pie dish. Spoon filling into the crust, then top with the second crust.
- Pinch the edges, poke some steam holes on top, and bake in the preheated oven until crusts are golden brown and the internal temperature of the pie is at least 165 degrees F. This should take about 30-35 minutes. If the crust starts to brown before the filling gets hot, cover the top crust gently with a sheet of foil. Cool before serving.
Per Serving: 1096 calories; 69.9 83.3 34.1 152 1336 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The Family loved it. I used ground turkey because it was leftover from something else. I used white potatoes instead of sweet potatoes and added some corn and Tarragon. The recipe made just t...
I used fresh vegetables instead of frozen (carrots, green beans and sweet potatoes), threw in some canned corn, cooked the celery with the inion in the butter, used vegetable broth instead of ch...