Mrs. P's Biscotti
"This was given to me by my very best friend; it's her mother's recipe, and a wonderful basic biscotti recipe. Very rarely do I make them the same way twice. You can add dried cherries, cranberries, walnuts, toasted almonds, chocolate, white chocolate or cinnamon chips, or nothing at all -- It's good enough to stand on its own. I also change the flavorings and use almond or vanilla extracts. These will keep for a couple of weeks (if you're lucky) in your cookie jar!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 65
Original recipe yields 40 servings (40 biscotti)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Whisk flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture to form a fairly sticky dough.
- Divide dough in half; with wet hands, shape dough into two loaves, about 1-inch high at the center, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes; remove to cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Slice loaves into 1/2-inch slices with a serrated knife. Place cookie slices back onto lined baking sheet, cut sides up.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 65 calories; 1.7 11.1 1.4 22 38 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The base for the biscotti has wonderful flavor. I added some chopped dried cherries, chopped toasted almonds and drizzled dark chocolate over them. Everyone loved them. I prefer crunchy bisco...