Caramel Apple Crumble
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 10 m servings 392 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch pan)
- Place unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in a large pot; fill pot with water to cover. Bring water to a simmer, and simmer can for 3 hours, adding hot water as needed to keep can covered. Remove can from water with tongs; allow to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Place apples in a large bowl. Whisk 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a small bowl; stir mixture into apples. Pour apple mixture into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Stir vanilla extract into water in a bowl; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Open cooled condensed milk carefully. Stir caramelized milk until smooth; drizzle evenly over apple mixture.
- Stir oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt together until combined; stir in butter until crumbly. Spread crumble mixture over apples and caramel.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and crumble is lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- You can also cook the sweetened condensed milk in a slow cooker. Place the can in slow cooker with water to cover; cook on High for 1 hour, then on Low for 4 hours. You can cook more than one can at a time; store unopened cans in the pantry.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 392 calories; 13.9 g fat; 62.2 g carbohydrates; 6.9 g protein; 38 mg cholesterol; 242 mg sodium. Full nutrition