Ingredients4 h 17 m servings 254
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl on the Defrost setting for 1 minute. Stir and continue heating in microwave until completely melted, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Fill a 12-inch baking pan with 1 inch of water and place water bath in the oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line with buttered parchment paper. Wrap the outside of springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Set a large bowl over a pot of simmering water over medium-low heat; cook and stir eggs in the large bowl just until warm to the touch. Remove from heat and beat using an electric mixer until triple the volume and soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Fold 1/2 of the eggs into chocolate mixture using a rubber spatula until almost incorporated. Fold in the remaining eggs just until blended. Pour mixture into the prepared springform pan. Place springform pan in the water bath in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil and bake 10 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 3 hours to overnight.
Per Serving: 254 calories; 21.2 16.7 3.6 100 111 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
YUMMY! Very rich so a small piece does it, (but my tastebuds and mind have to be contained!) I will keep this for special decadence desserts. I try to avoid flour and this recipe does that.
Only bake for the total of 15 minutes as indicated. The torte will firm up as it cools. Over baking will result in a dry torte.
Made this torte and was the easiest receipe. Might try with milk chocolate next time.
I made this for my daughter's birthday, as she is gluten intolerant. She says it is her new favorite cake. I did find that t has to bake a lot longer than indicated(the recipe says 5 minutes unc...