Ingredients50 m servings 359
- Place fish in a bowl; add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon chile powder, turmeric, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and allow to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Place tamarind pulp in a bowl and pour warm water over it. Squeeze tamarind to extract juice.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a skillet over medium heat; add cumin seeds and stir. Add onion to cumin; cook and stir until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic paste and cook for 3 minutes. Add carp, cover the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix tamarind juice into fish mixture; bring to a boil. Turn carp pieces; add 2 tablespoons red chile powder, coriander, and salt. Cook over low heat until sauce thickens and oil separates, about 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Cook's Note:
- Tilapia can be substituted for carp, if desired.
Per Serving: 359 calories; 21.1 12.5 28.4 99 856 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Excellent. I made it using tilapia fillets as well. One modification that I will do next time with tilapia. That is to add the fish during step 4. It cooks so fast that when it is time to turn t...
I made this recipe with fresh tilapia steaks (not the frozen fillets). Wow. Wow. Wow. Spicy, fiery, and tangy. This is a truly authentic dish and worth making from scratch. Don't skip the ste...
I wasn't sure I was going to like this one since I'm only kind of iffy about tamarind, but this was incredible! I used tilapia for my fish, and tamarind paste instead of the pulp, since that was...