Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 22 m servings 94
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place eggplant in a colander and sprinkle generously with salt; allow to sit and drain for 30 minutes. Squeeze eggplant to release more water.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; saute eggplant until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer eggplant to a bowl, reserving any oil in the skillet.
- Cook and stir onion, celery, and green bell pepper in the same skillet, adding more oil as needed, until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix eggplant, tomatoes, anchovies, basil, and oregano into onion mixture; saute over high heat until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cool mixture to room temperature, at least 15 minutes.
- Mix olives and capers into eggplant mixture and dress with red wine vinegar and more olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add pine nuts.
- Line a plate with lettuce leaves. Spoon eggplant mixture onto toasts and arrange on lettuce. Garnish with tomato wedges.
Per Serving: 94 calories; 5.9 8.7 2.9 < 1 198 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I thought this was really good! We made it to use up an ENORMOUS eggplant that we got from our CSA, and this was so tasty! The only changes I made were to add garlic (because garlic is awesome) ...