Ivy Vanessa Yapelli
Ingredients45 m servings 125
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Heat vegetable oil in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Mix green onions, cabbage, carrot, garlic, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, monosodium glutamate, salt, and pepper into ground beef mixture; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer beef mixture to a bowl and mix in 1 egg.
- Crack the second egg into a bowl and beat well.
- Hold 1 wonton wrapper in the palm of your hand and brush a thin layer of beaten egg on 1 edge. Scoop about 1 teaspoon beef mixture into the center of the wrapper. Fold wrapper in half, corner to corner, to make a triangle and pinch the edges shut, crimping with your fingers to make a seal. Press the air out by cupping your fingers over the dumpling in your palm and pressing lightly.
- Fry wontons in the hot oil until 1 side is browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer wontons to a paper towel-lined plate to drain using a slotted spoon.
- Whisk soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds together in a bowl until dipping sauce is smooth. Serve alongside wontons.
- Cook's Notes:
- Since the veggies release a lot of water in cooking, and if you are using meat with a higher fat content, I recommend you allow the mixture to reduce so that there is not a lot of liquid remaining. Too much liquid can cause the wrappers to break.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 5.8 12.1 5.7 28 246 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I love Mandu. This is a great recipe using ground beef or pork. Just like my mother in law made. She's Korean. I do suggest making the dipping sauce to go along with it. Soy sauce, rice wine vin...
This is a tasty recipe. We used several types of dipping sauces. It makes every other one a little different. Thanks for the recipe.