Ingredients30 m servings 328
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 2 cups flour, baking powder, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor or blender; pulse a few times to combine. Add shortening; pulse until mixture has the consistency of fine crumbs.
- Place flour mixture in a bowl; stir in white chocolate, blueberries, and orange zest. Stir milk into flour mixture gradually to form a smooth batter. Turn mixture out onto a floured board; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup flour. Knead a few times to incorporate flour and form a smooth dough.
- Roll dough out 1/2-inch thick; cut scones with a biscuit cutter to desired size. Place scones on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can form scones with a small scoop, or by rolling into balls if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 12.1 47.9 6.6 3 185 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I love scones, and these might just be my new favorite flavor combo! I made a couple of modifications . . . 1 tsp of sugar didn't seem like near enough, so I added about 1/4 cup to the flour mix...
I wasn't sure of the directions when I read this. It didn't look right, but I followed them anyway, as written. Should have listened to my gut. Once the berries and chocolate are in there, it'...