Jump Rope Pie
"'Apples, peaches, pears and plums; tell me when your birthday comes!' How many times did I play this skipping game as a child, and never thought to combine those fruits until now. It's such a fresh-tasting combination of flavours. Great on its own, or enjoy a slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 376
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry.
- Whisk sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a small bowl; sprinkle 1/4 cup of sugar mixture over pastry in pie plate.
- Stir apples, peaches, pears, plums, and ginger together in a bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and stir to distribute. Place fruit mixture in pie plate; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cover with pastry, pinch to seal top and bottom crusts together, and cut a few slits in top pastry with a sharp knife. Alternatively, cover with a lattice crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and continue baking until crust is golden and filling has thickened, about 35 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- If fruit is very juicy, you may need to increase the flour amount by 1 tablespoon.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 376 calories; 15.1 58.4 3.4 0 235 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
i made a Jump Rope Crisp! This is one of the YUMMIEST i've ever made. the combination of fruits and the spices make a spectacular taste sensation. The ginger just takes it right over the top! ...