Hearty Chicken and Tortellini Stew with Cheesy Garlic Bread
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 529 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium to medium-high heat. Stir in chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Cook in batches if pan is too crowded. Remove browned chicken from pan. Cook onions in the same pan until slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in 2 cloves minced garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chopped tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook and stir for another minute.
- Pour Swanson(R) Chicken Broth and canned tomatoes into the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped kale, fresh thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and add the tortellini. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer until tortellini are cooked through and flavors are blended, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler. Adjust rack to middle position.
- Place baguette slices in single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil the baguette slices until lightly browned, about 45 seconds (watch them carefully so they don't burn). Remove sheet from oven and turn the slices over; Return sheet to broiler and brown the second side for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and, when slices are cool enough to handle, lightly rub the cut side of a clove of garlic on the toasted top sides. Brush a bit of olive oil on each slice and sprinkle with about a teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese. Return baguette rounds to broiler until cheese begins to melt, about 30 seconds.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 529 calories; 18.8 g fat; 66.1 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 1506 mg sodium. Full nutrition