Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 220 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Cook prosciutto strips until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, and onion; saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add butternut squash. Pour in chicken stock to cover vegetables (you will not use both boxes of stock here). Season with thyme, sage, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Let soup cool slightly. Blend with an immersion blender. Add more chicken stock to thin to desired consistency.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with crispy prosciutto.
- Cook's Notes:
- A 4-pound butternut squash yields about 7 to 8 cups of diced squash.
- You may not use up both boxes of chicken stock. Use enough to cover the vegetables to cook them. Save the rest to thin out the soup if needed. It's easier to thin soup out at the end than thicken it up.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 220 calories; 8.2 g fat; 31.2 g carbohydrates; 9.3 g protein; 12 mg cholesterol; 814 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Wonderfully rich taste and the prosciutto was inspiring....a little like bacon but stronger and at the same time more delicate.. I used half of the carrots and celery for the stronger squash and...