Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 496
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-fat cooking spray.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, and onions, stirring occasionally, until liquid from the mushrooms has cooked down, about 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and thyme and simmer 2 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a separate saucepan. Whisk in flour and stir constantly for about 1 minute. Gradually add the Swanson(R) Chicken Broth, Marsala, and half-and-half, whisking until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 3 minutes. The sauce should be very thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to the sauce broth/Marsala mixture; stir well.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry to fit the pie plate. Press evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate; trim the excess pastry. Spoon the mushroom mixture into the pastry shell.
- Roll out the second sheet of puff pastry, and place on top. Trim excess, and crimp the edge to seal. Cut a few slits in the top for steam to escape. Brush the top of the pie with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and mushroom mixture is bubbly, about 40 minutes. Allow the pie to cool slightly before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute white button mushrooms for the baby bellas, and whole milk for the half-and-half. When you're sautéing the mushrooms, go ahead, and start on your roux/sauce. This will save you some time.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 496 calories; 33.2 37.2 10 48 428 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
This was outstanding, and not difficult to make. I thought before I put it in the oven that it was going to look a mess, because I used a decorative pie dish that was slightly deeper than a regu...
Mushrooms are my favorite food so I decided to try this recipe. This is a yummy meal for sure. I really liked it and so did everyone else. My boyfriend said he was going to go "brag" about the y...
I added a little drizzle of honey before placing the top layer on. Honey with Marsala is great! (cooking wine version, anyway). And maybe a little more Marsala than the recipe says :-)
I picked up some baby bellas recently and wasn't sure what I was going to do with them - so happy I came across this recipe - delicious and pretty easy too. I keep going back for another sliver ...
This recipe is fabulous! It is easy to make and just about fool proof. I made it as is but I added leftover grilled chicken to make it a complete meal. I will definitely make it again.
Very nice recipe. Modified it a bit. Next time I make this dish I will not reduce the mushroom, onion, shallot mixture as much so the filling is a bit more "juicy". 1. I made a pie crust instead...
Delicious recipe. Tastes better with good quality marsala wine.. The second time I made it, I added 2 cloves of garlic to the sauce step and increased marsala by an additional 1/4 cup. I also ...