Bacon, Rice and Vermicelli Pilaf
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 464
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble. Drain bacon drippings from pan; wipe out with paper towels.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in rice and vermicelli; cook until they turn a golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chopped onions and bell pepper. Saute until the vegetables begin to soften, 2 or 3 minutes. Add Swanson(R) Chicken Broth, garlic, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, and simmer on low heat until liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Top with cooked crumbled bacon.
You might also like
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 21.3 48.5 18.7 57 1414 Full nutrition