Creamy Spiced Pumpkin Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 346
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the apple, garlic, ginger, and thyme and saute until garlic and ginger are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves. Pour in Swanson(R) Unsalted Chicken Broth and pumpkin puree; mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer until flavors have blended and apples are very soft, 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Puree the soup with an immersion blender until soup is smooth. Return pot to stove; bring soup back to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in cream. Serve with your choice of garnishes including crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, sour cream, seasoned croutons.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1 can of pumpkin puree in place of fresh pumpkin puree. If you use canned pumpkin, you may need more Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth to compensate. Also, if you do not have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender pureeing the mixture in batches.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 346 calories; 25.5 22.5 8.9 64 1210 Full nutrition